Tomorrow is launch day! God provided all the resources for our trip right at the allotted time and dozens upon dozens of gospel partners have joined with us in prayer. I’m deeply excited about what God is going to do during our 24 day journey around India!
I will be departing for India this Saturday evening, accompanied by my ministry comrades, Josh and Alejandra Guido. We’ll have a long series of flights before we arrive at our first destination (Silchar, Assam – INDIA).
Here are our specific prayer requests:
1. Please pray we’ll have safe, restful flights and God-arranged appointments to share the Gospel along the way.
2. Please pray for us as we prepare to teach, preach, and visit fellow believers across 4 different locations in NE, SE, and SW India. We’ll be visiting three orphanages, an AIDS home for children (under construction), a Christian hospital, a Bible College & Seminary, and several churches.
3. Please pray God will grant us good health as we travel to remote locations and the strength to endure a rigorous schedule of ministry.
4. Please pray God will work through His Word and the Spirit to encourage and strengthen the faith of our brothers and sisters in India as we preach and serve.
5. Please pray for my wife and three young children to have peace and provision from God while I’m away from them for 24 days.
Here are two images that show our main destinations and the various ministry locations:
Dear Family and Friends,
In Paul’s letter to the young pastor Timothy, he gave clear instructions on how he should invest his time in other young men:
“You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” (2 Timothy 2:1-2)
Today, I’m thrilled to tell you that God has given me the opportunity to be involved in this very same discipleship process of teaching future pastors and leaders, who will be able to teach others also… in the nation of India.
Here’s a fun video I put together with my lovely daughter, Everlynn, in which we share all the details:
Dr. Ishak Ahmed, president of Northeast India Baptist Bible College and Seminary, has invited me to teach at a Bible conference at NEIBBC and also serve as the preacher for their graduation ceremony this April (the 3rd – 7th). After much prayer and discussion with my wife, I have accepted his invitation. I’m so thankful to God and overwhelmed with excitement at the prospect of communicating God’s message of grace and truth to hundreds of students training for ministry in India. Upon graduation, these students will return to villages and cities all across their homeland to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I will also minister to good friends at the nearby Burrows Memorial Christian Hospital in Silchar and, Lord willing, visit my long-time ministry friends and mentors in Visakhapatnam. This will be my third trip to India and my wife and I are praising God for this new opportunity.
Two ways you can partner with us in this gospel-centered ministry:
- PRAY: Please pray for me as I prepare to share and declare the Word of God. Pray that the many national pastors and future pastors will be strengthened and encouraged through the conference and graduation ceremony at NEIBBC, and that God will develop further unity and vibrancy among the region’s many Bible-believing churches.
- GIVE: Consider financially partnering with me to share the grace and truth of God in India. Our brothers and sisters in India are unable to provide any funding for my trip and my own finances are currently quite limited. Therefore, they (and I) are praying many others will step forward to financially partner with us. I will need $1600 by February 28th and the total amount of $2500 by March 25th. To enter my YouCaring donation page for the secure online donation portal and up-to-date announcements about the trip simply click HERE or go to: https://www.youcaring.com/GospeltoIndia. Gifts of $10, $25, and $50 will all go a long way toward meeting our goal.
Thank you and may God bless you with abundant hope and peace!
In Christ Alone,